Dec 6, 2007

Finals Week, The WGA Strike, and a Little Bit of Sabotage

Bonjour! At the moment, the twin suns of Mondo-Oblivia have aligned and as we all know, that means that it's finals week. I hate finals week, and finals week was made an even more horrific finals week because I took the Praxis I (for those of you who don't know, or who think that the pursuit of a career in education is beneath you, the Praxis I is a test that you take as part of your application to the teaching program. It's 4 hours long). Luckily, I bitch-slapped that mutha and am one step closer to exposing the younger generation the multitude of lies and travesties that have infested the American dream like maggots in a rotting corpse.
Speaking of rotting corpses, my MySpace friend James Gunn (writer/director of such fine films as Dawn of the Dead and Slither) is a member of the Writer's Guild of America, and is thus on strike. I've been reading his blogs about the whole sitch, and I have decided to lend my support to their cause (as depicted by the sweet banner above). However, my support is limited to the fact that pretty much all of the good shows on TV are off the air because of this strike, and I miss them. That's really the only reason I want the strike to end though.
Now, let's just take a moment to pay tribute to the greatest music video of all time:


It's a beautiful thing.

3 comments:

Sheree said...

Oh. My. Hell. That is perhaps the most amazing thing of all time. Awesome, Alex J. And good luck with all those finals and stuff.

Unknown said...

Alejandro, me gusta tu blog muchissimo!
Gracias hombre.

sorensenpower said...

You are a BA! Ever since I saw this music video I have been loving the Beastie Boys.

I even have a play list on my iPod! How cool is that?