May 14, 2008

You Can Make a Difference!

Okay, this might be an exercise in futility, but how many of you know who Uwe Boll is? I'm sure most of you do. First, he looks like this. Second, and probably most important, he directs extremely awful and terrifyingly crappy movies. Third, all of his movies have been based on sub-par video games.
The reason I'm posting this is because I stumbled upon an online petition that people can sign in order to get Mr. Boll to stop making movies. Apparently the obnoxiously overconfident director has claimed that if the petition racks up one million names, he will retire (so far, names on the list are in the neighborhood of 274,000). Anywho, here's the link to said petition. If you're a fan of video games, horror, or just movies in general, you know that Uwe Boll must be stopped at all costs. Sign the petition, and tell your friends to sign it. In the name of good taste, free refills, and the future of our children, it's time to mobilize against such tyranny.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Neal said...

Oh Springer, had I known that you were not aware of this I would have told you sooner. It's quite the little fiasco. What I think is best about it is that when he heard about the number of signatures he made a video asking someone to start a petition to save his career. Last time I checked, which was a while ago, there was like 250 people on that one. Ha!

Unknown said...

I did it, but do you think his feelings are hurt?

Sheree said...

You know, I think everyone is too hard on Uwe Boll. I mean, check out his IMDB page. All those BloodRayne movies... and an interesting project called "Tunnel Rats"... Sounds thought-provoking, no?